Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wrap up of '09

Well I'm back already! Crazy huh.  I was thinking about how in past years when the new year started I did a blog about the past year and coming year...and then add just a couple pictures of the trip (although most of them probably were already on facebook).  So here we go.  


2009
There were a lot of changes in 2009.  Some happy, some sad, and some bittersweet.  
Lets see started off the New Year with a bang in Belize while having not slept in what like 36/38 hours, but it was definitely worth it.  It was a great way to start off the year and a lot of fun and a blessing to be able to go. 


Spring break...not so exciting, hotel with the fam, which was fun, then got my wisdom teeth out.  Weekend after spring break=AMAZING time with great roomies!!!! Had so much fun in Omaha.


May=I survived 4 years at dordt and left with a degree in Biology.  There was a lot of sleeplessness nights, hours in the lab, and weekends spent slaving away for that baby.  But, I survived it, and most of all I survived the research project! Dordt was a great time.  I met so many great people that I miss so much now.  I am so thankful for such a great undergrad experience! May was also a time of uncertainty (for many including me) with many trips to the twin cities and many applications filled out.  


July=the month where my life drastically changed.  I got a job working for target. Great time, met some really fun people and also got into pharmacy school! It was a whirlwind month (along with August)


August/September=moved to Chicago and started school


November=BREAK! one of the most needed and i would say deserving breaks ever.  Got to catch up with some great friends.  Lost one of my greatest role models/inspiration and basically my second mom when my aunt passed away from colon cancer.  It was a long battle and am glad she is no longer suffering.  She was such an incredible woman of God. I love you and miss you so much Sue!

December= christmas parties and cruise!!! Included a few extra days in New Orleans.  There were some fun times with family and friends.  Also, Elsa Ann was added to the fam on December 14.  

Hoping for a great year.  Shouldn't be full of as many changes, which is alright! Have a great new year everyone...now for a few pics











No comments: