"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."
That saying was on my mind this weekend. Mainly because it seemed like all my plans got changed. You all know that I am a very laid back, easy going, go with the flow type person. I take each day as it comes. This weekend between work, church, running, and relaxing...I had my weekend plan set. I even made backup plans for running (I brought running clothes with me to work in case it was raining/way too humid when I got done to run outside so I could drive to the school gym). Well plans changed Saturday when I was asked to stay late at work. So I worked from 12-9:30 so no running or relaxing on Saturday night. Sunday I was going to get up, go to church, head to school to get a quick run in and then go to work. I woke up Sunday and starting getting ready. For some reason I decided to go on my church's website (still don't know why...I usually don't..especially not on sunday mornings). So I was quite surprised to learn church was canceled...due to flooding. Those plans went out the window...and since school is by church (20 minutes away) I didn't want to drive over there for a short 2-3 mile run. So I didn't do that (and I was saving my legs for my long run today). So even though they were small plans. They didn't happen and no it wasn't the end of the world. That saying was also on my mind when a Dordt student died last week. Obviously he had plans for the summer, the year,etc etc and then the unthinkable happens. Its just another reminder that we don't know for sure what will happen tomorrow. We can make plans, but that doesn't mean they will happen. However, God has plans for us and He knows what will happen and when it will happen. I'm sure He has big plans for each and everyone of us. I wish I knew what he had in store for me in the future...but I'll just have to take one day at a time to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment