First of all, Happy Halloween everyone. Halloween many times is thought of as a horrible holiday by Christians, but honestly it can just be good fun. Its fun to dress up and get candy :) I, however, did not do anything exciting. Elizabeth, this year definitely was not near as fun as last year!! There was a Halloween fest on campus last night that the school puts on for the kids, and I was originally was going to go. But, I figured it would be better to sleep (take a nap) cuz I had a headache and I want to stay caught up on sleep with all the crud going around. Definitely can't afford to get sick this time of year. We have 2 weeks left of classes, 2!!! Then a week of finals and then I'm coming HOME! I'm ready to come home for a bit and i'm ready to RELAX!! Since I do have a week, I would absolutely love to go to either NW Iowa or Sioux falls for a day to see people but I really don't know if that will happen. Maybe I'll be able to make it work, but we'll see what the plans are when it gets closer.
Now to the title of the post. I feel like its overdue, and I've probably hinted at it a little at times (before some people knew about the blog), but I want to really stress it now. I've thought about it a lot the last couple days (probably when I should've been studying). I really just want to thank everyone for believing in me when I would get down and start to lose faith in my self. Thank you for reassuring me after my many rejection letters. Thank you for believing in me. Its been a long road and I couldn't have done it without you guys. All of the times people reassured me that my hard work would pay off, the shoulders to cry on when I thought I didn't get in again, and the joy that people shared with me when I finally got in. (I could hear it in people's voices how happy they were for me and you have know idea how good that feels) I'll never forget when I moved into my aunt and uncles house this summer (I technically started staying there for the summer after I got the job and then found out about school) and my I would hear my aunt on the phone and she would literally tell EVERYONE who had a clue who I was that I got in. Most importantly, thank you for the prayers. I was starting to wonder if pharmacy was really what God wanted me to do, and I was so confused and I didn't know where to go. I knew its what I wanted, but its just such a long grueling process I was starting to wonder. And then on July 10 (yes I remember the date haha) I got the phone call and it was definitely an answer to prayer. I thank God for each and every one of you and the part you have played in my life.
I guess, I should get back to studying and make all of you proud now :) I can't tell you how glad I am for the extra hour of sleep/extra hour of studying tonight! YAY! This week is another CRAZY week. I have physiology quiz monday, calculations quiz monday, biochem test on Tuesday, and Calculations FINAL on Thursday (the class is set up different than others so if i get a good enough grade on that first final, then I'm done with the class :) Not going to be a whole lot of time for sleep the rest of the weekend/week, but then we get a little bit of a break before finals with only 1 quiz before finals start. Well, thats all I have for tonight. Have a great week!
Kenton's Story
12 years ago
1 comment:
Kayla! I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work in school. (Sounds like it's tons of work too. yuck) AND, my Halloween this year was definitely not as good as last year either. I sat at home with my sister. lame! I don't know if it can get any better than last year! I think we reached our peak in Halloweens! hehe
Post a Comment