Well, I was right about not having time last week (besides the owl pics). But its over and this week is underway and I really need to get stuff done, but priorities...gotta blog first! :) Anyways, I have til 9 at the latest and then I really have to get stuff done. So last weekend, I made the last minute decision to go to my brothers. My mom was there for grandparents day and even though Saturday and Sunday weren't good days for us to be there, I went. Arrived Friday about 8...in time to get the kids excited right before bed (keep in mind I haven't seen them since mid December so they were extra excited). But thats the job of an aunt, right?! I walked in the door and all I could hear was laughter and giggling. But soon it was time for them to go to bed. So we chilled the rest of the night. In the morning of course I got woken up by giggling and 2 of the kids getting on the bed (we always give them permission to wake us up). The morning was spent just playing with the kids and getting jumped on...a lot. That was really on the only time spent with them :( The afternoon me and my mom went golfing with Kent. Dea had a college friend coming to visit from Montana so Dea and the kids spent the afternoon with her friend and her friends daughter. That night we went back for supper and then my mom and I went to a hotel. The next morning, I took off back to Chicago...I did manage to stop at an outlet mall, walked away with 2 shirts. I could've bought more but did good considering the other things I wanted were just that..things I wanted and didn't need. I stopped to shop there and then had to get a couple groceries once I was back so I went and spent more money. oops! haha.

Elsa when a I went to get her from her nap (another happy baby)
I managed to take this picture myself we have like 20 like this between smiling and sticking out tongues etc
Ava (not a good picture but i think its the only one I have of her from this weekend)
But overall, the weekend was fun even though I got NOTHING accomplished! I could have but didn't, even after I got back on Sunday. I was tired and wasn't feeling good so I layed on my bed and feel asleep by 10:30! which is so weird for me! I'm feeling even worse tonight (sore throat and I'm sneezing a lot. boo!) But hopefully I'll get lots of sleep and get rid of it before it really starts!
Other updates: We're putting in an application for a house! It was one that was for sale and rent, so hopefully they'll take our offer! I'm still looking for a job so that I can hopefully stay out here! and finally running: I took an extended break because my knees were killing me all week (not sure why). They felt worse and worse until probably last Friday. I still have some pain in them but nothing some Motrin and Tylenol can't fix. So anyways, after a week of not running, I went today and it felt pretty good. Pace was a little off but I survived and I have to admit I feel so much better on days when I run even if I'm in pain later. I just know I can't overdo it. So I'm still hoping for the 5k in 2 and 1/2 weeks. I am volunteering to help out with it as well, so why not do both :)
Well its later than I hoped...I really have to get this journal club prep work done :(
1 comment:
please tell me it was the tanger outlet mall??? in williamsburg
Post a Comment