Sunday, August 29, 2010

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Back to Life. Back to reality...the song that unfortunately(?) rings true today.  It was a fun trip and I was definitely busy the majority of the time.  Good way to end the summer.  One more week of work and then school starts :( NOOOOO! Then I REALLY won't have a life! But like I said the trip was good.  So lets start right off with what all happened. Rewind to last week Saturday

Saturday: I took off around 9:30 am or so after a long night of work on Friday night.  I spent the next few hours in the car.  Trying to hydrate for a race and riding in the car for 6+ hours do not go well together by the way.  haha.  I got to the Twin Cities met up with Amber and then we went to Edina to pick up my race packet.  After that we met up with Lundon, Sarah, and Ethan to hit up Olive Garden for supper.  YUMMY.  I of course felt special when Ethan decided to sit on my lap most of the meal...so cute!  We got a couple rounds of Dutch Blitz in before we went back to the hotel.  My parents got there and we went to bed not long after for an EARLY morning.

Sunday: We got up at about o'dark thirty so that we could get to the race in the plenty of time.  If you are super interested you can read all the details of the race HERE  But yes I survived and finished :)   Not super exciting stuff but  oh well.  After the race we ended up tagging along with my parents while they ran errands lol.  Not too exciting, but it was good to spend time with the parental units, Amber Wilson, and my brother (THANKS AGAIN FOR COMING AMBER)! After that I headed towards p-burg and crashed on the couch in my newly remodeled house (it was weird...i am not used to it)

Monday: Most notable thing was lunch at Applebees with Chelsey. Great food, great company.  Never enough time to totally catch up with that girl. Golfing, but started raining on hole 5 and we could tell it wasn't going to stop so we called it quits right then.

Tuesday: Lunch with Sam at the Lunchbox (yes I ate out...a lot) Cards that night with the usual posse.

Wednesday: SHOPPING with mi madre.  We somehow ended up in Burnsville and I actually got some stuff! YAY! long but successful day.

Thursday: Went to willmar to get a haircut.  Nothing drastic just a trim.  Did some painting (every day I had to do something around the house to help the parents)

Friday: drove to Waupun WI and stopped at Amber (Daane's) place! YAY! We ordered some pizza, got a movie (Date Night) and caught up.  It had been over a year since I had seen her as well.

Saturday: stayed in Waupun til about 1 or so then drove the rest of the way to Chi-town had about an hour and a half of down time and then headed to work.  I have the next 2 days off so I will be getting everything ready for school and getting stuff organized.  Heres some pics of the trip...I wish I had taken more.



Me and Amber right before I left

Me and Amber Wilson after the race

me and the bro

random pic after I got my hair cut. like i said not much different


Hope everyone out there is doing well! :) 

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yay! Sounds like you had a fun time! That's awesome that you got to see Amber, even though you didn't get to see me. :( And working around the house every day that you're home sounds like something my parents would make me do too. The hair looks cute too! Way to rock at life! Have fun starting school again. Or at least try to have some fun once in awhile.