Thursday, September 3, 2009

Here in the city!

As some of you know, I have had this blog for awhile.  But I decided to revamp it and get rid of all the old.  I may also tell more people about it since there are a lot more people to keep in touch with lately.  I can't say this will be an exciting blog or that i will update a ton,  but it will at least keep everyone updated as to how everything is going. 
I got to Chicago on Sunday, but moved in on Tuesday.  We got in a nice mini-vacation on the way.  It was fun complete with a twins game, mini-golfing/pizza in the dells, a tour of the jelly belly factory (you know you're jealous) shopping, and a trip to to the lincoln park zoo.  and Joe Mauer went with us no matter where we went lol. 
 
  
  
 
 Moved in Tuesday and basically spent the day putting stuff away/arranging everything.  Wednesday and Thursday were FULL exhausting days of orientation, but the nights were relaxing so thats good.  I'm SLOWLY meeting people.  Some people of course I've talked to a little more than others, but I also now its going to be a little bit before I've gotten to know people too.  Dorm life here is completely different from dordt..in a lot of ways, a lot more serious.  Everyone here is for a higher degree and are very serious about their studies.  Dorms are a lot quieter here (yes even quieter than East hall lol).  Anyways, I have off til Tuesday.  Not sure what I'm going to do the whole time, but I do plan on sleeping a lot because I'm getting a cold (such perfect timing) Well I'm off...I'll leave you with some pictures of my humble abode (I might do some more rearranging yet..not sure) Yes, its extremely boring...hoping to put pictures up of all of you soon! :) (sorry didn't take pics of the bathroom

No comments: