Saturday, March 13, 2010

Green all around

Well, a weekend of plans! YAY! it was fun.  Yesterday afternoon, we went to a movie.  It was called "Our Family Wedding" which was pretty funny.  Afterwards I settled in for a night of watching basketball.  The gophers won in an overtime game.  As many of you can probably guess, I was sitting watching intently and talking to the tv.  Today, we went downtown.  We took the train in and then walked towards the area where they dye the river.  We made it there when they were in the process.  We watched, took pictures, and just hung out a little bit.  We then started walking towards the parade route.  We thought about eating downtown, but didn't have enough time before the parade.  We walked through millenium park (to get to the parade route) Of course, we needed some pictures by "the bean" Then we went and watched the most of the parade.  We left before it was done to make sure we caught the earlier train since they run every hour to two hours and took a cab since we were cold and wet.  It was a lot of fun, even though it wasn't very nice weather (cold and rainy)  Of course there was green everywhere.  It was fun and definitely the first time I did anything for St Patricks Day.  We took the train back and since all we had to eat all day were some M&Ms.  We were starving when we got back.  We took off to Rock Bottom for some yummy burgers and then I watched some more basketball.  Tonight I've been making some flashcards and getting stuff organized. Tomorrow the plan is: church, possibly flashcards and do a bit of reviewing but I really don't have much to do, and watching the gophers hoping they can just seal the deal and win the Big Ten Tourney! Wahoo! We'll see.  Anyways, I'm off better get some stuff cleaned up because even though its only 10:30 I guess its kind of 11:30 (stupid daylight savings).  Here are some pictures!
the river

me, alyssa, and anna

playing with the colors on my camera
a rain streaked bean picture
the foggy chicago skyline in the bean's reflection
me next to the bean

1 comment:

Becky said...

it looks like you had a ton of fun!! i'm super jealous that you got to spend st. patty's "day" in chicago!! keep the updates coming i love reading them!! good luck with all the school work!