Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sunshine and Memories

First off I must admit, I LOVE SPRING!!! It has been so nice here the past week or so (minus the snow over the weekend) Its been in the mid to high 50s and the sun is shining! :) I love it.  With spring also comes sign of life.  The grass is greening up and we have nesting geese (what a pain) and a owl and owlet on campus.  Every day it seem like we are stopping to look at the owl or owlet, depending on if the mom is there.  When the mom is there you can't see the owlet, but when she's gone you see a white furr ball.  here are pictures someone else took.  Mom tends to fly away when class is going on...most likely too many people and gawkers, but we still see her every now and again.

As I was on facebook today, I finally realized the date.  I hadn't really payed attention earlier, but once I noticed it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Brings back lots of memories of 3/23/06 and the days after.  I can't believe it has been 4 years since the accident that took Adam and Jon from us.  Time flies, but as someone else said it still seems like yesterday.  Even though I didn't know them all that well, I still miss them and my heart still breaks every time I think of that day.  There's something about losing people close to your age when you/they are so young that makes it stick with you that much more.  They really were such great guys though! Anyways, those are just my thoughts of the day.  Hope the weather is as nice everywhere else as it is here :)

No comments: