Sunday, March 28, 2010

New goals, big goals

Well, I debated how many people I should tell about the new goals I am setting for myself.   But also when I was thinking about it, I realized the  more of my friends that new about it, the more I would make sure I got it done, because other people would be counting on me to do it.  Now to start off, let me mention how incredibly out of shape I am.  I have not been good about working out because of how busy I have been since September.  But, my new goal is to run a half marathon.  I'm kind of aiming to get it done within 2 years, but I'm going to try to make it within the year.  I've talked to a couple people about it and they are convinced I only need the year time frame so I'm going to try it.  Yesterday was my first day running since....maybe fall?! Its been a long time! It was painful, I am not looking forward to getting in the habit of doing it again.  that is always the hardest part.  I'm going to try to start doing a couple 5ks this summer to get the feel of "racing" There is actually one on campus in May.  We'll see about that.  I should be able to be ready for it, but we'll see.  I'm still debating what my schedule should be while I'm starting out to make sure I don't overdo it, cuz I don't want to deal with bad knees and shins like I have before.  So I'll need all the encouragement I can get for this :) I do have a training plan off of the internet once I can run 3 miles at a time again.  But first, we need to get to that point.  I have been looking at what would be a good half marathon to do...if my training is going well, I may do one in Florida on my spring break next year, and I really would like to run with someone else so think about it people.  If I can do it you can too!! :)

Other than that not much is new.  I just need to really start looking for jobs hardcore and I have 2 tests this week so I have a lot of studying to do.  however next week I don't have any.  So thats awesome.  So I have a lot this week but than not too bad next week.  I think me and Alyssa will go to a movie next weekend cuz no one else will be around cuz of easter.  Oh yeah, and on Friday I have only 1 hour of class and am done at 11!!! YEAH!

I was going to take a picture of the baby owl  today, he or she is growing like a weed.  But, I didn't have a good view.  Our walk to class just isn't going to be the same once they fly away. :( Well, I'm off.  Gotta study for those tests! Oh and if anyone has any good workout songs to add to my list comment, I'm going to need to add more to my playlist :)

BY THE WAY...I just added a countdown to the potential race I would do, even though nothings official. I may not even do that one cuz its so far away. But it makes a more concrete goal/deadline especially since its close to the year date! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Amber said...

you can do it Kayla!!!! I have complete faith in you!!! Do the 5K in May!!! Our school is having one in 2 weeks!!! You should come and do it :)