Friday, March 5, 2010

Great is Thy Faithfulness!

I've been meaning to blog all week since I've been off, but I've been having too much fun relaxing and doing nothing! Anyways, to the title of the post... Sunday at church we were singing Great is Thy Faithfulness which according to me is one of the greatest hymns.  I was just going along singing the song and towards the end I had one of those moments that just gave you the chills.  We started singing the chorus for the last time and as we did they opened the curtains (i think it was electronic where you just pushed a button cuz they opened very slowly).  As the curtains opened and the song continued the sanctuary was filled with light from outside (that entire wall of the sanctuary is windows).  Its kind of hard to explain but it gave me the chills. Its just a great song.

Well today was pretty much my last day at home.  I got here Monday night late and leave Sunday morning.  Tomorrow we are going to my grandpa's in Sheldon and my dad has an appointment for taxes in Worthington.  So we'll in be in the old hometown for a while.  We talked about going to the girls basketball game.  Its sections and we know a couple girls on the team.  But we'll see, that would mean home we would get home really late.  Then on sunday its still undecided whether I stay for church or not,but I might leave before church so I get back to IL a little earlier than 8 at night.  Its kind of weird because no one else is around right now.  So I will be leaving to go back before really even seeing anyone.  Kind of sad, but thats the way it goes.  I did stop in the Twin Cities to see Lundon, Sarah, and Ethan though on the way home.  It was tons of fun and great to catch up with them.  Ethan is getting SO big!!! I've have missed the 3 of them so much.  Such great friends.

So what have I done during break?! not a whole lot.  Slept, relaxed...started working on my grandma's photo book, got sidetracked and started making one for myself, but then she had asked me to do a few pages in her scrapbook so I did that.  I was in Willmar for a day shopping, getting a hair cut (well trimmed...I have been enjoying being able to get my hair in a ponytail without much effort again) and stuff like that.  But it has gone so fast.  It will be good to get another quarter started and just to get a full year under my belt.  Then only 3 years left (only ha) and only 2 years of tests.  Hopefully it goes fast and I'm sure it will go faster than I expect it too.  Theres just a lot ahead right now! Well...I think its time to call it a night.  Or at least time to start a movie :) Gotta get up early tomorrow, but then hopefully I'll be able to sleep in the car.

No comments: